Renovations and Additions to a Historic Reginald Johnson Residence of 1917
San Marino, CA
Originally designed by Reginald Johnson in 1917, this project involved expansions, interior renovations, and a new outbuilding to this historic property. As with all of the historic properties we work on, our goal was to be seamless and unnoticeable with the new work while simultaneously providing technology of today. The owner’s antique French butcher block was incorporated into our new design of the kitchen and breakfast room, as were other owned antiques throughout the house. Similarly, the master bathroom cabinetry was designed to more resemble furniture while restored light fixtures and stone tiles add scale and texture. Our designs included three phases of work, to allow access to the original house quickly, while future wings and outbuilding are constructed separately.