Additions and Renovations to a Historical Stable in Pasadena
This former stable was originally built in 1930 as part of the Craven Estate in Pasadena. With the passage of decades, the original estate had been subdivided and this former stable had been roughly converted into a house, with many awkward additions and renovations done over the years.
The current owners purchased it and had us lovingly restore the house and entire property and virtually rebuilt it with desires to bring it back to an accurate historical state. Many of the original materials were removed, repaired, and reused in the new work while modern necessities were seamlessly added in.
The poolside area, with concrete pavers and grass trim, and garden landscaping is a great place to entertain guests. The traditional kitchen has stainless steel floating shelves, a farm house sink, cup pull hardware, marble counter top, and a stone backsplash. Adjacent is a vaulted ceiling breakfast nook with a wrought iron lantern chandelier. The layout of the property was designed to enhance the owners love of cooking and gardening with private outdoor dining areas, trellis’, and an herb garden off the kitchen.